Friday, November 27, 2015

Finding Wisdom

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."~ Proverbs 9:10

Where do you find wisdom?  We often overlook wisdom in biblical terms because we are a culture that believes in figuring out everything on our own.  Independent instead of Dependent.  The problem is that we were created to be dependent on each other and to work together; we were never created to be alone, or to go through life without helping to carry each other's burdens.  It's no wonder that when we seek wisdom our own way, most of the time we run into dire disaster.  If we had only slowed down to seek counsel, we may have seen the chaotic outcome of our quick choices.  However, when we stop, pray and meditate on what God would want us to do, He usually has an incredible way of humbling our hasty spirits so we can fully listen to Him.  Sometimes this can result in a lengthy, exhausting and frustrating waiting game, I know, but things always seem to work out for the better when I stop and breath long enough to listen.  It may be a day, a week, a month, even years, but to seek His wisdom first gives me much peace instead of worry.  My mind cannot comprehend how each of my circumstances, struggles, joys, sorrows, situations, or times of peace fit into the jigsaw puzzle of my life, but my God knows.  I need to see his wisdom whether it's daily diving into his Word, praying, talking with my Pastor, talking with an elder of my church who can give me great nuggets from their experiences, or just patiently waiting for outside confirmation to something God has spoken to me about (this has happened numerous times to Cody and I).  Sometimes I feel like I know where this "piece" of my life should fit, so I chew on it just enough to make it fit into place, try to jam it over and over again into the space I believe to be the correct spot, only to make the rest of my picture look quite not right.  I know that if I patiently wait His direction through prayer and the reading of His word, I will have the peace and understanding that can only come from Him, it's definitely not of this world.  Only with His wisdom, not the world's, can I unravel the mystery of what lies ahead of me regardless of the broken path, or the crystal clear trail.  I wish I could tell you that I have this down "pat", but I am not even close.  None of us do.  This is a journey.  But I do know that when I seek His ways, I leave a lot of foolishness behind. ~


No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...