Sunday, June 7, 2009

Journey Out

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33

Do you ever feel like you are constantly bombarded with tremendous trials and troubles? Especially in this financial crisis that America is wading thickly through there seems to be mountains of trouble. The basic meaning of trouble in Greek is pressure; which we all know comes in many different forms and many dysfunctional shapes. There is the pressure to perform well on the job, on a test, in school, the pressure to be a good mom, a better mom, a good dad, a better dad, the pressure to live up to expectations of other and those of our own and even the pressure to live the lifestyle our neighbor has even if we can't really afford it. PRESSURE! All of these pressures if internalized and dwelt on long enough, can become monstrous trouble if we are not focused on the creator of this wonderful world. The pressure builds up and the trouble starts and sometimes our lives start to slide down a slippery path that thwarts our very existence. May I also suggest that just living in this world and being a part of it can be troublesome enough for those of us living for Christ; our troubles, or at least for me, sometimes feel magnified ten times over just because of the spiritual warfare that I know goes on around me. However, Jesus has triumphed over this world! AMEN! We need to take courage; we need to stand up strong as we share in that triumphant victory over this world and it's sometimes sickening ways. Jesus has won and as a follower of the Almighty, I have too! Thank you Jesus that we know who wins in the end and that this is a journey not to take to seriously. This is not my home and I will be triumphant! Take that peace with you and journey out my friend, journey out! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...