Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blessed Perseverance

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trail, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."  ~ James 1:12

This word - persevere - is my absolute favorite word in the English language.  I learned years ago that if I chant that specific work over and over in my head through difficult times, my mind is put at ease and my blood pressure drops.  James knew he would face trials, after all, he had watched as his brother was persecuted over and over again and his own faith was attacked many times, but he knew the value of "hanging on".  I know sometimes my trials feel overwhelming and when I watch TV our world seems to be over burdened with everything from natural disasters to other events that just don't make sense to us.  I do know, that when I "hang on" as best as I can and give it all to the Lord, great blessings arise.  Beauty DOES come from ashes.  James wants us to know that there are many blessings to have if not in this life, then our eternal life and that God has made that specific promise to all who love him.  After all, we know how this all ends - WE WIN - so keep on "hanging on ".  Persevere! ~ 

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...