Friday, July 15, 2022

Commit Yourself

But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand.  The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. ~ Psalm 10:14


Jesus sees and hears everything.  Imagine what it must be like to see how His creation treat each other sometimes.  I can't begin to fathom how much we must grieve Him.  Being a mother of two is overwhelming at times and more than enough, but I bet their bickering when they were little is nothing like what God hears.  Jesus hears it all.  Jesus himself was the victim of great trouble and grief down here on earth.  Jesus felt every human emotion and so knows what it's like to be in agony.  That Jesus experienced the frustrating, angry, hurt and grief stricken feelings while down here as I do some days give me hope.  I don't know if "hope" is the right word, but I think to myself, "If Jesus, the Son of God, had to go through this than who am I to think that I should be spared trouble?  If the devil tried to tempt Him, who am I to think I won't be spared temptation?"  If Christ had to go through grief and trouble, than of course we do, but never forget to invite Him in to help you.  He sees what is going on and wants to be invited into the battle with you; He is your ultimate helper.  This is a call for all of us to cast our burdens, cares and anxieties on God so that He can step in and take care of us; to trust Him to do His will.  That you have to go through hardships alone is a lie from the enemy; you have a GIANT warrior on your side if you would only commit to asking for His help and move out of the way!  This scripture also implies that God is aware and knows every detail of what wicked and evil people do and He understands the pain they cause.  That He does not care, or have an interest in how people treat us is a lie from the devil.  We are God's children!  Of course He cares!  God sees the inflicted and helpless and He will fight for you.  He will sustain you.  Commit yourselves to Him.  Lord, please be with my brothers and sisters who are suffering and please comfort them and fight for them. ~ AMEN   

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...