Sunday, August 25, 2024

Blessed Transgressions

Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. ~ Psalm 32:1


I hate when I give in to sin and temptation, but I am not going to lie and say that I don’t - I am human.  However, when I do “cross the line”, I am so thankful that I can come to Christ, confess my sins and know that I am forgiven and have a clean slate once again.  Sin will eat at your insides and zap your strength and keep you at arm's length with Christ until you come to Him and confess so that you can be clear of the heavy burden.  Christ wants you to come so that he can give you the gift of forgiveness that he brutally paid for.  The impurity of our sins will be mercifully and gracefully covered to be seen no more so that you can stand in the presence of the Lord joyfully.  Jesus died for all mankind, but only those who have accepted Him as their Lord and Savior and have become His follower have the true gift of forgiveness of sins.  Forgiveness is a promise given to every believer, but it comes with a warning.  Matthew 6:14-15 says, “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”  As followers of Christ, we must be obedient to our calling of forgiving people who have hurt us, or wronged us – this is the only way you will not be judged on the day you stand before the one who has forgiven you.  The scripture is clear; we will be judged on this attitude of forgiveness when we stand before Christ.  Was I forgiving?  Did I forgive?  Was I gracious and full of mercy to my offender(s)?  Or did I play the victim and remain bitter?  We must forgive as Christ has forgiven us.  Go to Him now, confess your sin, get a clean slate and forgive others.  Your heart and soul will be more joyful. ~ Amen

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...