Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Loving Affirmation

My parents did a fantastic job showing my sister and I how husband and wife are to love each other completely. It seems to me that I remember my mother always showing my dad his love by her acts of service to him: his dinner always made when he came home, his lunch made for him before he left in the morning, and always met him at the door with a kiss when he came home. It also seems to me that my dad respected my mother and made sure that we kids respected her as well. Now that I am a parent I am thankful for those affirmations I saw as a child and I pray that I am showing the same qualities to my children. My husband adores me. I know this by the simple way that he looks at me when I walk into a room, or by the touch of his hand across my shoulders, the small of my back; not to mention the small things he does for me that I even forgot I asked him to do and his response always is "I was just thinking of you". Hopefully my children are seeing their father love their mother with affection in the form of touch and respect as I did as a child. How my heart would sing if I see them loving their wife as I am loved as a wife; I pray we raise strong, dependable, yet soft and sensitive young men who will love their wife as Christ loved the church and who will love their families above all else. That's my prayer for the day, but enough about that; Cody is downstairs trying to get a fax through and he must be having a heck of a time because I hear the cover of the fax machine opening and closing and more than a 10 digit number being pushed, which can only mean that he's had to try sending the thing more than once. Maybe I should go show some of that respect and see if I can help him. Oh, and thank you mom and dad! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...