Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Completely Refreshed

We just got back from a wonderful fourth of July weekend up in the mountains; the Yampa Valley to be exact. There is nothing like the still silence you hear when you are out on a lake and tune the rest of the world out. I swear that I actually heard the act of my fingers grasping a dry twig and I could hear the small clang of my metal zipper clasp drumming against itself; it was brilliance! Pure silent enjoyment...you could actually hear yourself breathing in and out while the birds are chirping and the water is lapping softly. I feel rejuvenated and completely refreshed; I don't think I've felt this recharged in a long time; I allowed myself just to 'be' and I challenge you all do to the same for yourselves, preferably outdoors in nature if you can. Now back to the daily routine of things....my husband is outside working on his new/used car; putting new struts on the front. We are having a blast riding/driving around in the convertible and for our next family movie night we are planning a trip to a drive in movie theatre in our little Toyota we have lovingly named "Blacky". Samuel and Isaac are both outside playing in the backyard; while they had a blast on our trip they are excited to be home. Samuel's last t-ball practice for the season is tonight and his last game is Thursday night; I'm excited that we'll have two nights back, but sad for him that it's over. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...