Friday, January 20, 2012

Must Preach

But He said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent." ~ Luke 4:43

When you think about your purpose, or your calling in this life, and even on this planet period, what do you think about? Do you know what your purpose is? Jesus was clearly sent to this hungry planet for one reason - to tell of the gospel, and of God's great love. Most Christians, including me, may be waiting for someone else to tell others of God's great love, and hope when in fact, we need to be also spreading the good news. "The timing wasn't right." "I had to go pick up the boys from the bus." "I was in a hurry to get to work." These are all bad excuses that I know I have personally told myself to justify my ignoring the opportunity to listen to Gods small whisper when it comes to sharing the good news with someone. Then I think, "What if I was designed, or that moment was specifically designed for ME to plant that seed and now I've just blown it? Thank God He doesn't give up on us, but I seriously need to be a better listener to that still small voice! In my heart, I want a fresh revival, a renewed strength, and the boldness to go forth for my Mighty King! There is no "Plan B"; God made us his "Plan A" to reach the lost....(thanks Pastor Troy for that wake up call)....so I had better buckle on those running shoes and run the race that God had laid out in front of ME! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...