Thursday, July 19, 2012

Amazing Creation

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.  ~ Romans 1:20

What an amazing, spectacular, beautiful and magnificent place this planet earth is!  The thought of space, stars, planets, the milky way and light travel all boggle my mind.  The mountains are my favorite places in the world with their ever present massiveness reaching towards the blue sky both protecting us and calling to us to climb their peaks.  On a cruise ship years ago I received my first real sense of the expansive ocean and what wonders it might hold.  The humbling experience left me breathless as on our second day out to sea I realized this humongous ship we had boarded was now just a speck in the wide openness of the ocean and my respect grew ten fold as I realized there was no land in sight.  The different tastes, textures, shapes, order, smells, sights an sounds of this universe are nothing short of a divine making.  Oh, that we could ever be convinced that all this world's creation was a scientific explosion, or phenomenon not only breaks my heart, but also God's and underestimates his holy power.  May we always see God's fingerprints clearly on this incredible wide world!  AMEN! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...