Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My Job

Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come. ~ Psalm 71:18

Does your whole family believe in God?  Have they all had the opportunity to hear of Him?  You know that's your job, don't you....to make sure they have heard it.  Maybe they have heard and yet chose to turn a deaf ear; at least you told them.  One of my many daily prayers is that my children will come to love God and His ways.  We have made sure that our children are constantly aware of God and have left no doubt in their adolescent minds as to where we stand on the subject of religion and who we serve and revere.  They will never be able to say that they didn't know, or have not heard of Him.  After all, that IS my job....to make sure they have heard of Him through me and not just the world, and whatever my child ultimately decides to do with God is up to him, but I have done my part in making sure he HAS heard.  My job IS to make sure my loved ones have heard the message of Jesus Christ!  It is my responsibility to make sure that as many generations can hear from ME that Jesus is alive, well and wants to bring EVERYONE everlasting love, life and tremendous peace through a personal relationship with Him.  No matter how old I get, this is my job!  My hope is that my kids will know, my kids' spouse will know, my grandchildren will know, my great-grandchildren will know and everyone I come in contact will know His power and might because I have not been afraid to preach the good news and they will have seen peace and miracles with their own worldly eyes in my life.  Then, I will know it's time to go on home; when my loved ones have heard. No one will wonder what this mom, wife, aunt, niece, cousin, grandma, or in-law believed, or where my faith laid for I pray it will be heard and lived right in front of their eyes.  The rest is up to God. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...