Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cast Off

Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone. ~ Psalm 71:9

Who do you go to when your strength is gone?  What do you, or who do you, run too?  When we age, our strength my diminish faster, or our health my fail us until we feel like we have little to give.  Sometimes our hope my even fade as our joints weaken; our hair becomes gray, or even falls out; our age glides past the AARP enrollment stage, or maybe we just don't seem to enjoy the hobbies we used to keep anymore.....hope may seem to fade through all of it.  Forty becomes fifty, fifty becomes sixty, sixty becomes seventy and soon we may wish we could turn back the tired hand of time, but we just can't.  We must learn how to age the way God intended - hold our heads up high and gracefully offer the wisdom the younger generations need; not to just hide tucked away like I see so many of our elderly.  They have wisdom!  That gray headed young man/woman knows a lot more about life than I do and our world is to eager to cast them aside.  We should be listening!  We should be looking to them for wisdom and in the same way, when we reach the "golden years", we need to rely on Him to give us the endurance, strength and agility to offer our wisdom.  God does not turn His back on his children ever - He will give us the strength we need until our last breath is breathed.  When my time is up, I know I will be ushered into heaven by his open arms and generous grace.  Psalm 92:16 says, "With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."  Not only will he not cast you away in your old age, or forget you, but He also promises to satisfy us (even in our old age), show us a long life and give us the salvation and heavenly home we have been longing for our whole earthly life. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...