Saturday, April 9, 2016

Single Day

A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else!  I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. ~ Psalm 84:10

Close your eyes for a moment---now imagine what heaven looks like.  Sounds like?  When I imagine heaven, I imagine beauty beyond description and sounds from the singing angles so beautiful that it overwhelms my soul.  To stand in front of my God, who I have tried to devote my meager life to and then to hear his voice is a dream come true.  When I look at the outlandish outdoors that I live in, or the brilliant beaches I have traveled to and realize that heaven will even be better that this, it's unimaginable.  Scripture says we can not imagine what our heavenly home is like.  I do know this, if one day there is better than ten thousand at my favorite vacations spot, it has to be captivating, mind-blowing and well worth it!  Of course, for all believers our journey home WILL be well worth it!  We have spent our lives living for our mighty creator and we will finally get to meet Him and hear, "Well done my good & faithful servant."  This will be THE day we have been waiting for.  It won't matter what persecution I have endured, I will be glad and overjoyed to be standing in HIS presence and nothing else will matter.  In the end, I would much rather be accepted by HIM and judged by others than judged by HIM and accepted by the wicked world.  To be accepted in this world is to acknowledge that He may not have been my whole hearts desire.  I pray no one will ever be able to say that of me.  I would be more than happy to be His gatekeeper for one day, than to be loved by the world forever. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...