Friday, April 1, 2016

Separate Us

Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love?  Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble, or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? ~ Romans 8:35

I think I have a pretty good idea of what unconditional love looks like - maybe.  I have kids and I can't imagine one thing they could do, no matter how horrific, or hideous the crime, that I could completely turn my broken heart away from them for.  I also believe that if my kids were in terrible trouble and needed my help, I would be there for them no matter how harsh the corrective consequences may be.  I believe God treats us the same way times ten thousand - we cannot truly understand the depth of his undeserving love for us.  I don't believe that He turns His back on us no matter what trouble we may have cause, or no matter the danger we may find ourselves in, even if we willingly brought disaster upon our own stubborn heads, God is still with us and still loves us and waits for the invitation to help.  I believe He is a gentleman. He won't force a relationship with us. He waits until we call His name either in the stillness of the night, or in a shout for help in the midst of ugly danger and despair.  My friend, if your feel like God has left you, I have to tell you, that's not true.  YOU'VE left him.  He doesn't leave.  Nothing, but ourselves, gets in the way of God.  Nothing you could do would ever steal His love for you from Him.  He loves us even in our trouble, calamity,  persecution, hunger, destitution, danger, and our death.  After all, the Word promises that we will have trials and troubles and if Jesus did when he walked the earth, why wouldn't you? Being in relationship with Jesus does not and has not ever guaranteed you a trouble and trial free life; but our relationship with Him does promise us hope while we go through our struggles.  All you have to do is call Him. ~


No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...