Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Loving People

We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.  ~ 
1 Thessalonians 1:3


What do you want to be remembered for?  In a world full of false hope, conditional love and the desperate need for acceptance and inclusion, what are you bringing to the table?  I want to be known as a Christ centered woman who loves and accepts everyone and who can hopefully bring hope to the broken-hearted.  I long to be a beacon of faith for the faithless and I want to work for the Lord with reckless abandon because I believe wholeheartedly that this is not my home and the best is yet to come.  I want to love others as Christ loves me, regardless of our differences, cultural backgrounds, religious beliefs, morals and values and I long for a world where we can lean to agree to disagree in love.  Why do we assume that if someone doesn't think, or feel the same way we do that we have to walk away from each other?  Why do we let heated arguments come between families and friends when we should all value each others differences and try to learn and listen to understand?  God values ALL people, so why don't I?  Why don't you?  I want to run the race here on earth with dignity, grace, love and hope and I want to make sure that the Lord gets all the glory as He sustains my faith in the human race.  My faith rests in the eternal hope of Jesus Christ; that He is in control, and I long to work for Him by loving people precisely where they are and spreading that eternal hope with endurance and perseverance to the very end.  That's what I want to be remembered for. ~ AMEN

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...