Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Appointed Ones

He appointed twelve - designating them apostles - that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach and to have authority to drive out demons. ~ Mark 3:14-15


While we know we are to go tell of the Good News, have you ever really given any thought to the possibility of driving out demons?  Now there is something to see!  But what does that exactly mean?  When was the last time you saw a demon?  When was the last time you felt spiritually attacked?  Why do we sometimes cower and hide when we feel oppressed, or attacked?  In this scripture I read that I have the mighty power to put the devil and his sneaky minions in their rightful, powerless place!  Jesus gave us the power over the devil's darkness and we need to do more of that in this messed up, upside down world. This could be the very thing we need to do!  It IS the very thing we need to remember!  It doesn't have to be a real life visible demon; it may be the fight you need to battle the darkness you see surrounding your family, your job, your marriage, your_______.  After all, sometimes I think God wants to hear us get LOUD & SHOUT at the spiritual forces that fight for us.  I think he wants to hear our battle cry LOUD & PROUD!  There have been times in my life when I know the Holy Spirit's fire is taking over when my prayer becomes a fierce battle cry as I get louder and louder and sometimes I am not even sure what I prayed, but a perfect peace follows and my spirit returns to ease.  I think God smiles on that type of cry and I dare say that you may even be driving out a demon at the same time.  We need more of it!  Give it a try!  Don't shy away from bold prayers.  You'll never be the same prayer warrior again.  Let's drive Satan to the curb! ~ AMEN

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...