Wednesday, June 30, 2021

No Fear

There is no fear in love.  But perfect loves drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18 


While we all know hate is opposite to love, have you ever thought that fear may also be opposite of love?  Because let's be honest, a lot of times to hate is also to fear.  You may fear dark because you hate the dreams that follow; you may fear roller coasters because you hate heights; you may hate your co-worker (although I hope not) because you fear they are trying to replace you. You hate_____ because_______(you fill in the blanks).  As Christians, I believe it's okay to hate ungodly things;  I mean I hate sin because of my faith and belief in God, but I have to be careful not to hate the person engaging in the sin.  We are called to hate what God hates, but I also find it interesting that God hates acts.....not the person; He loves US all the same.  God also expects us to be in awe and reverence of Him, but He does not want us to fear Him as the world uses the word.  To fear God should be out of complete reverence for Him; to realize that He alone has the ability to give, to take away, to cause good things to happen and may I even suggest He allows the bad things to happen sometimes.  God is perfect love even if we don't always understand it.  Remember, His ways are always higher than ours.  His perfect love sent His perfect son to die a horrific death for me and for you whether you acknowledge that or not, it's still fact.  God's love for me should cast out fear and hate for my neighbor.  God's love for me should cast out fear or hate that I may have about my circumstances.  God's love for me should cast out any fear or hate that I may have regarding my future.  If I would fully embrace God's love for me and if I would truly hold on to His promises and His ways, than fear has no where to abide in me and must flee.  We don't have to fear His wrath on our lives when we are following and trusting His guidance.  As a follower of Jesus, let His love engulf you and let go of the fear - He has you.  There is no room for love and fear; they are contradictory.  Let the light of God's love open your heart and watch the fear slither away. ~ 


No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...