Friday, April 3, 2009

Refine Away

The desire of the righteous ends only in good, but the hope of the wicked only in wrath. ~ Proverbs 11:23

Do you ever feel like the desires of your heart are being squashed? That what you want and hope for is never going to happen? I've felt like that. In fact, I felt like that just last week when the job I really thought I had in the bag was taken from me and given to someone else. What? That is supposed to be mine! You're making a mistake! However, just like God says that all things work out for those who believe in Him, I also have to remember that the desire of my heart to go back to work full-time will only end up working out too...just maybe not the way I've imagined, or in the timing I've imagined. (NOTE: Did you hear yourself Janine, not your timing either!) Here it is a week later and I can honestly say that it's probably a good thing for me and my family that I didn't get that job, but I really wanted it. The fact of the matter is that I would rather work closer to home and my children's school and I my husband...so maybe it's not that bad after all. I also know that the desire to go back to work is a responsible and good decision coming from a heart that only wants to do what's in God's will...so I have to trust that He has a plan that I just don't see in this puzzle I call my life. It's not a wicked heart that is asking, for according to scripture, that would be disastrous, but it's with a right heart and so I have to know that my desire will only end in good if I can just trust and hold on. Once again, perseverance, trust and love in my Lord are all characteristics that are being refined in my spiritual walk; Hallelujah! Refine away, Lord, refine away! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...