Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Ambition

It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation. ~ Romans 15:20 Have you ever longed to be a missionary? When I was in junior high I thought I would be a missionary to a foreign country; it was always a dream of mine to live in another country and to preach the gospel to others. My dream of living in another country passed when I started really studying other cultures in an ethics class in college, I mean REALLY studying them and not just reading about them. Not that they don't fascinate me, but I have no desire to LIVE somewhere other then the USA and I applaud those foreign missionaries who have made other countries their home....it's just not for me. However, I have learned that the gospel doesn't only need to be preached on foreign soil, but it's much needed right here in the wealthiest country of all; especially now. I have realized that for me personally, my soul is much happier when it's involved in some sort of ministry and I don't have to go thousands of miles away to do it. As Christians, God has called us to be lights in the culture and society for which we live in; we are where we are supposed to be. Sometimes I think I would have fit right in with the '50's era; I could have easily accepted being a stay at home wife with a dress and apron fastened around my child bearing waist while I cooked and cleaned for my family. However, God facilitated my life around this century and there is a reason for that...so that I could help Him here and now and I intend to do the best I can where I'm at. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...