Thursday, April 9, 2009

Long Hallelujah

From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. I have become a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long. ~ Psalm 71:6-8

Have you ever heard the song There will be a day by Jeremy Camp? If you haven't I suggest you find a copy and listen....NOW! Literally....GO! This song brings me to my knees every time and I am absolutely in love with it; my heart is filled with thanksgiving and gladness and complete joy every time I hear it. I have to stop what I'm doing and crank it; sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing all together and fall to my knees. This song has an amazing affect on me no matter how many times I hear it; God gave Jeremy Camp that song for me. This song brings complete praise from my heart to my lips and before I know whats happening my sight becomes blurry with those tears of praise. There is a reason Jeremy Camp has become one of my favorite artists, his music touches me to praise my God like no other....so when I read this verse this morning for my daily quiet time and that song then came across the SIRIUS Christian station moments later, I was, of course, moved. God has truly been with us through everything and every moment since our birth and even before that when he fashioned us into his image in our mother's womb. Sometimes the sting, pain and suffering of life is more than we will ever understand, but He is my refuge, has been with me all the time, He understands and there will be a day when there will be no more tears. I will praise Him until that day and forever more! Declaring His splendor all day long! Hallelujah! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...