Thursday, October 15, 2009

Admit Oneself

Jesus said, "I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you." ~ John 13:15

How often do we treat others as Jesus has treated us? How often do we show the same love to others as Jesus shows to us? I'll be real honest, I can tell you that right now I am so mad at my husband that I could care less how I treat him. I feel like I am his own personal secretary and employee that he feels like he can just call on whenever he needs to make sure HIS crap gets done. I do things for him that I absolutely loathe, but do I get appreciation for it - very little, or so that's how it feels. I don't have him helping me with my job, or him helping me with my dreams and I surely don't EXPECT him to do anything just off the fly. See....it's real easy to get caught up in all the things that make me mad about my husband, but if I am to show him the same love that Jesus showed me, than I should be more than willing to do those things expected of me even if they are through cringed teeth with a resounding, "Sure honey." Now I don't think that people should be walked all over, but when we focus on everything that we do for others, it's hard to see what they have done for us. It's hard for me to see that my husband has covered my butt when I wrote a check that wasn't going to clear without his help; how about the fact that he's the one who gets up in the middle of the night if one of the kids wake up so that I can get extra sleep; what about the fact that he does dishes for me a couple of times a week without me asking; he also LOVES hanging out with his kids and for a lot of my friends' husbands that's a huge struggle; every time he goes to the store he makes sure to call me to see if I need anything and I honestly can't remember the last time I put gas in the van because if he drives it he always tops it off for me...just to name a few. So I guess if I had to compare the two, he does much better at loving me and people in general (how sad to admit) the way Jesus would want us too. Guess I have my work cut out for me, but I know that Jesus understands that this admittance in itself is a huge step and loves me no matter what....thank God! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...