Sunday, June 24, 2012

Materialistic Views

Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but righteousness delivers from death.  ~ Proverbs 10:2

My materialistic view of what I do, or do not have, often can contaminate my spiritual peace and I know I'm not alone in this.  One minute I can be completely content and then see a new vehicle go down the road only to be reminded of the older vehicle I am driving and turn completely jealous even if it my vehicle is competent of the duties it's assigned and unequivocally reliable.  Ever happen to you?  Generous gifts and blessing have been poured out on my family of both the financial and not so financial type and yet I easily lose sight of them in this very prideful, and dare I say, very narcissistic culture we live in.  Please Father, help me to remember where my gifts really come from and to be tremendously thankful even if they aren't all packaged in the fanciful packages I would like.  In everyday life I need to remember that Satan would love anything but to destroy my faith in a righteous God and if he (Satan) can get me to be discontent, well, then evidently he can conquer my thoughts and sneak his slimy foot right in through that doorway, so....BE ON ALERT!  The blessings of  righteous living far outweigh the unhappiness and broken-ness of wicked living even if  that lifestyle looks temping at times.  Even when all my earthly treasures are long gone, I will have the Heavenly treasures stored up to throw myself into.  This is NOT my home....so these treasures can NOT be my treasures.  Only Jesus Christ in heaven holds my final reward!  Praise God!  ~ AMEN

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...