Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Great Power

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. ~ Ephesians 1:17

I yearn to know my Lord and Savior better everyday.  I get that He is a loving, faithful and gracious God, but I want to be wholly consumed by Him.  I believe with all my heart that if I diligently seek His face, He has no choice but to reveal more of himself to me.  In fact, He promises too.  Every once in a while I feel a sweet nudge, hear a gentle whisper, and experience unimaginable and unspeakable joy that reaffirms my God is with me.  I want more of Christ and less of may human desires and flesh.  I want to have joy that is only explainable because of my close relationship to my Creator.  I don't want to be worldly-minded; I want to be eternally-mindful and full of love as He is; without judgment.  So why not ask God to give me wisdom and revelation that only He can give me?  No where else can I find it.  I long for the Spirit to work in me and through me and for the fruit of the Spirit to be evident in me by my love, joy, faithfulness and peace.  I want abundant power to overcome my doubt and unbelief and to exude Christ's grace and mercy.  Only through God's strength and the power of the Holy Spirit can I have victory over Satan and that is a battle I don't intend to lose. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...