Sunday, April 14, 2013

Atoning Sacrifice

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin.  But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense - Jesus Christ, the righteous One.  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for the sins of the whole world. ~ 1 John 2:1-2

John knew that even born again Christians would sometimes stumble with sin.  Surprise, surprise!  He knew that if sneaky Satan can get into our susceptible minds that a lot of damage and discouragement could be, and still can be done.  We need to remember that we are no longer alone in our journey against the evil one's tasteless tactics, that in fact, it says in the bible that our Savior was tempted "in every way" by the devil.  He understands!  He came down to the earth as a sinless and perfect man to take all my wretched shame so that I could be forgiven every time I foul up (which is often enough). We have a great, merciful and gracious Savior!  I try my hardest not to fall into the many traps that Satan has lined out for me on a daily basis, but when I do fall, I need to remember that I have the greatest Advocate on my side who has loved me with open arms and a fierce passion wrapped up in unconditional love (unlike me, unfortunately, but I'm working on it)  for me from even BEFORE my birth.  Even when I make the decision to turn my back on him and  follow the world, or slimy Satan, I have a way back into relationship with God through Jesus Christ and when I come to him he is always waiting and willing to accept me right back. For that I will be eternally thankful. ~ AMEN

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...