Monday, September 8, 2008

Caught not Taught

One of my prayers and hopes for my children is that they will learn good, strong and Christ like morals and values. Here's the kicker: I strongly believe that those values and morals will by caught by my children, not taught to my children. What does this mean? Well, I really do believe in the saying, "Actions speak louder than words" and so this means my parenting style and the way I live my life, my lifestyle, had better be one lined with good, strong and Christ like morals and values. Sometimes I think we are guilty of, at least I am, thinking my children will learn what they need to at church, school or, heaven forbid, society where, in my opinion, they get more than a scewed vision of morals and values. And don't think that your children don't notice, or are to young to see how you act as a couple; you're only kidding yourself if you don't think they see how mom and dad not only act towards others, but also towards each other...so guard your marriages and at least act like you love each other more than not. It's time to step it up; even though it's sometimes challenging and more than exhausting, but we can't leave our children to "chance". Enough about that...Cody is downstairs in his basement office working as he has an appointment tomorrow that he needs to get ready for. He's already done a list of "honey dos" this morning and I am so blessed and thankful that I don't have to wait until the weekend for him to do those things; otherwise I may go a little nutty. Samuel is at school; I sent him off with a runny nose, but he said he felt fine and didn't have a fever...so off you go. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...