Thursday, September 4, 2008

Married Life

It has been said that marriage is a marathon, not a journey and if you give up to soon you give up on what could have been possibly the best years of your relationship. There have been times in my marriage when I have thought it would have been easier to give up, but I am more than thankful that neither my husband, or I ever did. Our journey has led us through some trials and tumultuous times, but the times where we have ridden the waves of contentment after a storm have often been the best. The first five years of our marriage were extremely hard and our circumstances and situations got a lot harder before they ever got better, but God has blessed our perseverance and I am thankful for the rough ride as it refined me in ways I never dreamed of. Enough about my wonderful (most of the time) marriage....my husband is on his way to pick up my son, Samuel, from school. Tonight should be interesting; Samuel has so much homework to catch up on as a result of his absence Tuesday that I'm sure a struggle of will should take place tonight. Samuel is enjoying school and I have to say that I am now over my grief of having a child in all day school. It's amazing how much I miss him, but it's also amazing how much I can get done with one kid gone all day. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...