Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Uninterrupted Joy

Joy. Joy in a financially strained economy. Joy in a time of uncertainty. Joy as we worry about the future. Joy is a state of mind and soul; maybe even a choice, that everyday I pray I would get to no matter what my situation or circumstances. I am coming to realize that the joy I want is the joy that infects my very being regardless of what goes on in this world around me because I am a child of God. Actually, I've known this fact about joy; that it should come from the fact that I'm a child of God; deep down in my heart for years, I'm just now moving it to my heart. I know this world is not my home and that this journey I am enduring here on earth is just that; a journey that will result in a destination far better than this place...so I should be joyful as I realize and internalize that my life here on earth compares nothing to what is waiting for me. The security I have in my salvation and Christ's love is always enough, or should be, to be full of joy.

Cody and the mirage of children just walked in the door from picking up Samuel from school; Isaac thought he needed to go with him today. My husband has been working his rear off at some classes on the Internet that he has to finish by tomorrow; talk about joy, or the lack there of. I picked up my friend, Davida, today from her home and took her to the body shop that her Jeep has been at for the last week for repair work. She was in an accident last week and has been bumming rides from her friends all week to get to where she needs to go and so she was more than excited to get her car back. Her message to everybody would be to use a head set to answer your cell phone while driving - enough said. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...