Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Moving Back

When change comes into our lives and into our families lives, we can get a little panicky; what am I talking about - most of the time I break out in a cold sweat. I LOATH CHANGE! I CAN'T STAND IT! I WANT EVERYTHING TO JUST STAY THE SAME! However, change is coming, change is inevitable and I once heard that if you are not experiencing some kind of change at all times than you are stagnant and can't grow. I believe that....but I still don't like it. Our change is now. After being down in the Broomfield area for a little over seven years we are moving back to the mountains where we were raised and where our families are. When my husband started talking about the possibility of doing this last year I was completely against it with every fiber of my being; the thought actually made my stomach turn and me thinking, "I'm going to be sick!" The funny thing about change is even our emotions can turn from "sick" to "exciting" when given to God. I have been praying since February that if a change was coming for our family that he would start preparing me. He knows He made me the way He did and He heard my prayer and answered it; almost 365 days later to the exact time (last fall was our first thought of moving back). I am thrilled to be going home and have complete peace about it. I can't deny that. I even sat in a chair and tried to worry about this decision and could not; all the pieces have been taken care of. Another lesson for me: Ask and you will not only receive, but you will see how the mighty hands of God have prepared the way for you if you are patient in the waiting of His timing. I don't imagine that everything will be easy up in the mountains; we are still imperfect human beings, but I know a God who hears my cries no matter where I am and answers them FAITHFULLY; maybe not the way we always want, but He does answer. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11 - 13 is one of my favorite passages of scripture for a reason and I can gladly say AMEN to it! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...