Saturday, September 21, 2024

Tongue Rejoice

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure…~ Psalm 16:8-9


There are many reasons our faith may be shaken in this unstable, broken world.  Turn on the television, or follow any media outlet and in moments you can find negative information and  unrest in our own nation and around the world.  Senseless crimes, illness, political backbiting and unrest, and numerous tragedies abound.  So how do you keep from being overtaken with sadness?  How do you push forward when evil permeates, or tragedies take over your own life?  Trust.  As followers of Jesus, we must ask for his continued guidance and protection over our hearts and minds.  We must ask and expect that no matter what goes on in this wild world, or in our own lives, God has us.  Even when it doesn’t feel like it.  Turn your eyes and heart to God and seek His ways.  Even when you don’t feel like it.  Putting the Lord first and living with your trust in Him brings much joy and peace even in the midst of chaos.  My heart can be peaceful and full of joy when God is my priority and my trust is in Him.  I know that this home on earth is only temporary, but a whisper.  James 4:14 says, “why you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”  I know that while my body may decay and be left behind here on earth, my eternal glory will be my soul once again with Jesus Christ and I find comfort in knowing this is not my home.  My body is a temporary vessel for my spirit that will live forever.  This world is a pit stop, it is a temporary place to bring honor, glory and praise to Christ so that others may see Him.  For as followers of Christ, we have the benefits of protection and guidance in a messed up world if we would only ask and trust Him to transform our minds.  I don’t rely on the security of the world, or my success.  I rely on God’s strong right hand.  I find goodness and well-being in the thick of God as my refuge.  There is no one like the Alpha & Omega, the Creator of life, the Beginning and the End to put my trust in so that instead of being shaken my heart can rejoice and my mouth proclaim that all is well with my soul! ~ Amen

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...