Friday, October 17, 2008

Happiness Redefined

Happiness is being revealed to me in new ways almost every other day, or so it seems, as my old view of this destination is being replaced the more my faith deepens. There was a time when I used to think that happiness came from the amount of money I had in the bank and while that does help (let's be honest), I am learning that is not the true happiness my Lord wants me to strive for. Somewhere along the way I had created my own definition of happiness which revolved solely around my circumstances and situations. Now my definition has been challenged, refined and sometimes painfully conformed to this: happiness is being content with what you have and are. Oh boy, I think that's what the Word of God has always told me about happiness, it's just taken me a while to get there (still working on it) and to let the world's view sluff off.

Enough about that....Cody is upstairs playing with Mickale as she is the only kid here right now seems how Isaac is at preschool and I don't have Maliya today. Now he's taken to clipping his fingernails over the kitchen sink; between those lovely shards of nail, the bits of beans and ham from dinner last night and the chew that my friend's husband spits down our drain every time he comes I bet that garbage disposal needs a good disinfectant. HA! HA! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...