Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Buzz Cuts

I am so tired! I love the sun, but man does it drain me, and during the summer all my boys want to do is be outside. I am thankful that they like to be out so much, but sometimes I have to beg, "Can we PLEASE go in for just 20 minutes?" And then I usually get a begrudging, "okay mom" look. However, I can't complain to much today as my husband has been with the boys since 11:00 this morning at a birthday party that I did not attend due to taking care of Maliya (the little girl I watch). My husband in awesome! I am very blessed with such a family man and someone who is so in tuned to me and my needs and who doesn't mind taking the boys "off my hands" for a while. Not to mention that Samuel should get his share of my pay as he loves to help me with Maliya and she loves to be with him. Tonight Samuel has T-ball and this morning I heard him wake up at 6:30; I think his body is still used to waking up at that time for school...so he'll be good and tired tonight after having a three hour birthday party this morning too. Isaac and Samuel both received summer buzz cuts last night from their father...so hopefully I won't hear, "Mom, my head is sweating!" any longer. Cody uses the clippers while I use the vacuum setting of 'sucking up' so that the boys don't feel the hair touch their skin as it falls; otherwise it's a screaming and crying match while we struggle to keep them still and they wiggle trying to get away from the hair that's landing all over their bodies. Then it's Sonic treats for everyone; nothing like a little bribery. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...