Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Selective Hearing

UG! My children are out of control today and I would love to blame the rain, but I think they're a little over tired from having a late night at the Rockies game. We had a blast and it was the first time Isaac has been to a professional game, but today we are paying for the 10:30 pm bedtime. Cody is out working on his car project; I think the fuel pump job is a bigger project than he anticipated...so I am betting he'll end up getting a mechanic to finish the job. He's already been to Wal-Mart this morning and Checkers to get extra tools he needed that he didn't have, but once the car is running I know it will be worth all the work and the money. Samuel and Isaac have been to the park already this morning with their dad and I decided that I would take them to the library for something to do on this now rainy day. For the most part they have played very well together this summer; there has been a lot of wrestling and imaginative play with action figures between the occasional fighting. Isaac has been threatened with not being able to go to the library this morning due to his inability to listen...so we'll see whether he holds up his end of the bargain. Sometimes I think my four year old has selective hearing until he gets in trouble for it; nothing like giving a quick swat in the pants before noon. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...