Thursday, March 26, 2009

He's Pleased

So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. ~ 1 Corinthians 5:9

Do you ever wonder how pleasing you are to God? Do you think you have to be doing something extraordinary to please God? I remember very distinctly one day a couple of years ago loading the dishwasher for the second time that day while Oprah was on the television in the background, there were clean clothes dumped all over the love seat that needed folded and the kids were screaming for their afternoon snack. Oprah was talking about her work in Africa and I thought What am I doing with my life? Look at all the wonderful things she does for people. I wish I could do that. Lord, what grand plan do you have for my life and am I following it? To my surprise, I heard this: You are doing what I want you to do at this point in your life. You need to raise your family and this is where you belong. Don't worry, you are doing my grand plan for you. I was floored. I know that God has spoken to me throughout my life through prayer, confirmation from people, and that still small voice people call our conscious (but I call it the Holy Spirit), but this is only the second time that God had spoken to me so clearly that if someone would have been standing next to me I would have asked them, "Did you hear that?" I came to realize that day that raising our kids is a HUGE part of God's plan; they need our guidance and God designed family to be close knit and our number one priority. After all, God loaned us our kids here on earth to cultivate them and build them up to become sons and daughters of his kingdom and to bring him glory...what a huge job! It's a great responsibility...so no longer feel like you are not doing God's work, for you are building people up for Him and he is pleased. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...