Friday, March 20, 2009

Of Them

The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against the Anointed One. ~ Psalm 2:2

Does this sound like America? I pray that I never stand up and take my stand against the Lord Almighty, or Jesus Christ as I surely don't want that kind of judgement on my head. With a world full of narcissistic people, sexual sin, sin against ourselves and others without a second thought, selfishness and blatant disregard for what is right and wrong I think our culture has taken a pretty strong stand. Sometimes it seems downright impossible and completely overwhelming. How are we supposed to ever help turn things around? If I allow myself to think of everything that grieves my God in this world I am downright depressed and heartbroken that his children would act as such. We need to start taking a stand! We need to stand up for what is right and wrong! We need to start in our communities, our schools, and I dare say it, even our churches! If the our society can stand up for every kind of perversion and self indulgence that there is, than why can't we, the children of God, stand up for Him! If they can have their freedom of speech, than why can't we have ours? Who do we have to fear? God himself has said that if he is for us than who can be against us? I don't want to be mean spirited, we need to do it in love, but why are we acting ashamed and embarrased about who our Father is? Let's stand up and fight for what is right! We can no longer wait for someone else to do it; for if we don't do it than whose side are we on anyway? Love them, but don't be one of them. ~

1 comment:

?????? said...

We were not put here to judge others. Judgement is for our Heavenly Father. I hope that all of humankind has it in their hearts to know the difference between right and wrong. Regardless of religious beliefs. We need to pray for those who do not have that or the ones that seek it. We need show other alternatives. The true gifts of happiness, joy, love,grace and bliss.

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...