Monday, March 16, 2009

Trust Me

Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. ~ I Corinthians 1:9

How many trials and tribulations have you gone through that you were sure you were not going to make it through? Everyone goes through at least valley in their life were they think: How am I going to get through this? I don't think I can make it. I don't think I can hold on. I know for me there has been a few times when I have thought: I know God that you said you wouldn't give me more than I can handle, but you are really working my last nerve here! Perseverance has always been an attribute that intrigues me and that I aspire to thrive in (maybe one day, ha ha) because I know in my heart it's a characteristic that God wants to cultivate in his people. No matter what I have been through, or how many times I have been through the same trials, God never ceases to bless me for my perseverance. We need to trust God that he is doing a good thing in us and for us even when we don't see it; he's always working behind the scenes. Sometimes he's refining us to remind us that we need to rely on him, on a God who can do whatever he wants whenever he wants as such the case with raising the dead (Lazarus had been dead for four days and was buried before Jesus raised him up). God brings us to and through trials for reasons that we may never understand, but I do know that if I persevere and remind myself that he still has my best interests at heart (easier said than done), than I will either be delivered from, or brought through each trial and I will be the better for it. Refined yet again. God is saying: Trust me. Even when you don't understand, or can't comprehend, trust me! ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...