Monday, March 2, 2009

Life's Ditch

The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. ~ Romans 8:6-7

I once read, "We surrender our peace of mind over relative minor things," and I don't know about you, but that is me completely. A daily challenge of mine is that I can wake up in the morning at utter peace with EVERYTHING and by 10:00 a.m. I often will have let the troubles of life beat me down, take the wheel of my life and drive it into a water filled drench that then I have to swim out of and drag my beaten self back up onto the highway of life. This cycle frustrates me to no end; now don't get me wrong, it doesn't actually happen everyday, but when it does happen I feel like it takes me days to get out of the ditch. Why? Well, partly because I'm a worrier by nature, human and often forget that I'm not the one in control. According to scripture I should be at peace; I should not feel the hostility and chaos that sinful man feels. Does that mean I am sinful? WELL, OF COURSE I AM! I AM NOT PERFECT AND I DON'T HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER...NOT EVEN CLOSE AND IF YOU'RE READING THIS, LET ME ASSURE YOU YOUR STILL A SINNER TOO. However, because I am a child of God and have been redeemed by his love, mercy and grace, I need to rest in the peace that God gives me and when I'm feeling like I'm losing my mind over seemingly little things, even the big things, I need to bring back to remembrance the things of God and how he has been so faithful and in control all the time. I need to ask for the peace that passes all understanding and then sit back and watch as God once again protects me from the swallowing ditch of life. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...