Saturday, March 28, 2009

To Obey

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children - with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. ~ Psalm 103:17 & 18

Have you ever been through a time in your life when you thought for sure that the Lord had forgotten you? That He must have not heard your prayers, petitions and pleas because if he did and he truly loved you than things would work out the way you have asked? I'm in the midst of that kind of questioning as I write this and while I know that He has a purpose, will and plan for my life, I just don't understand it, or see it for that matter. However, according to scripture his love is with me from everlasting to everlasting; which includes these times of doubt. I know in my heart of hearts there is a divine purpose and will for the slight devastation I feel, but that still does not always ease the pain...so I press forward. He holds me in his hands and I know He loves me...so I'm going to assume and even be as so bold as to expect bigger and better plans for me than I could ever have imagined. For it's also scriptural that He makes "beauty out of ashes" and even though I feel like I've been smashed and let down, I know that I am not in control and that I have to trust in Him to lift me up. Sometimes I wish I could see some of the "unseen" that God sees so that maybe I would have a better understanding of his workings. Maybe He is protecting me from something, someone, or maybe this is just my human desire right now that He knows is not the best for me. Whatever the reason; I will be okay and I will get through this slump with His everlasting love surrounding me and I will continue to obey. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...