Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Children

Then Esau looked up and saw the women and children. "Who are these people with you?" he asked. Jacob answered, "They are the children God has so kindly given to me." ~ Genesis 33:5

There are many things God has kindly given me, but sometimes I just don't see my children as being one of them. Isn't that sad? But let's be honest, sometimes they can be down right annoying, but after reading this during my quiet time this morning I am reminded that my sometimes out of control 4 year old is a blessing from God directly to me and Cody. In reality he's not even ours, he is God's and so God has kindly entrusted this human being into our hands to bless us no matter if it looks like he's only here to try my patience some days. My children are God's precious innocent little gems and if I step back from the craziness that my son brings with him I only wish that I was more like him in his tenacity for life and his complete trust in his parents because the truth of the matter is if I learned how to trust God like he trusts me I think I would be in a completely different spiritual walk; one that is so peaceful.

Cody just went into Steamboat to have a business lunch with a friend; it actually sounds like more of a partnership forming...so that's good. When we were here years ago Cody and Scott worked well together and I think it sounds like they are going to try to pick that relationship back up; which will be good for both of them. So we'll see. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...