Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Request It

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." ~ Matthew 19:14 Jesus loves children. He loves everyone, I know that, but he loves the innocent children who come to Him without any hesitation, but full of expectation. My four year old has been struggling with a cold for the last couple of days, but last night when we were saying prayers I just added a quick, "And take Isaac's cold away so that he can feel better in the morning." This morning while he was eating breakfast he said, "Mommy! Mommy! I feel better! God took my cold away!" I just smiled and hugged him tightly and silently prayed to myself God give me that kind of simple belief. Oh sure, I believe in God and I believe all his precepts, promises and his Word, but I do not always have the simplicity of trust and answered prayer as my children do. If things aren't going my way I can get down right angry sometimes instead of taking it for what it is: God's answer to a prayer, even if it's NO, it's still an answer. The problem is that I don't think God should answer NO, but that's because I can't see the consequences of a YES and he can. Maybe if he answered YES everytime than he knows I would say NO to him somewhere later and my heart doesn't want any part of that. One of my goals this year is to remember that God is a god who answers prayers even if it looks like he hasn't even heard me. So, I need to come to him as a little child comes to his father with my prayers, petitions, and requests with thanksgiving, ask of him what I want and accept his answer. No matter what. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...