Saturday, February 21, 2009

This Race

Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. ~ Psalms 1:4-5

There are times when I get so mad over the struggles of life and even more specific, the financial struggles of life. In this economy, in this recession it seems like everyone is just trying to stay afloat, let alone get ahead. Yet, I can look around at the people I do know who appear to have their stuff together and get discouraged when it looks as if they have it all while we struggle. I know people who are not feeling the burden of this economy and don't believe in God and I ask, "Why are they taken care of and we have to struggle by?" Sometimes I can answer that question and other times I can't, but I have to remember that God says that the wicked will not have the eternal rewards that I will and that's really what matters. Of course I want everyone I know to be in heaven, but when I think about people who make great wealth and who don't know God, they are worse off than me. There will come a time when they will blow away like chaff in the wind and I will stand strong in that storm. I will one day be in the assembly of the righteous and so even though I am not there now, or have any idea what that will feel like, I need to be reminded that this is not my home and these struggles are not forever. Let's face it, life here is hard, but if we are a follower of Jesus Christ, we will win this race. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...