Monday, February 9, 2009

Living Water

But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. ~ Psalm 1:2-3

But what about when it looks like the darkness of discouragement could swallow me up? WHATEVER HE DOES PROSPERS! What if it looks like things aren't going the way I wanted, or in my perfect timing? WHATEVER HE DOES PROSPERS! But you don't understand, things look so bleak and I feel so drained. WHATEVER HE DOES PROSPERS! Here's the kicker folks, it doesn't matter what your going through, what your feeling, or even if it looks hopeless and maybe your situation turns out polar opposite of what you thought, if you delight in the Lord and meditate on his word and obey his law, than you will not wither but instead prosper. Sure, it may be that you've lost your job, your home, your health, your family, but your God has not lost you. Not to make light of the economical situation, but I have to believe, and I will continue to believe that all things work together of the good of those who love the Lord. It's scriptural! I don't understand and I can't see the bigger picture, but I guarantee God does and I firmly believe that through every trial if I could fast forward five years, I'd probably see the refining moment that God used during that trial and be glad for it. Truthfully I think it looks pretty bleak for a lot of us at the moment, but God tells me that whatever I do will prosper. May not prosper the way I think I should, may not be financially, or stress free, but what about all the little gifts and blessings in my family. Let me count just a few for you: I have NEVER been to the emergency room with my boys and they are 6 & 4, my husband has a cyst the size of a softball on his kidney that has not changed for two years and is not a threat to him at all (this is not the news we got at first diagnosis), my step-daughters have been saved from sure death more than once each, we have been blessed financially more than once when I thought everything was a total bust and I have been able to stay home with my boys from birth even though times have been tight numerous times. He has always provided. I have always prospered and I expect that I will continue to, for the bible says, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (Hebrews 12:1-3). As long as we keep our eyes fixed on the race and follow the Lords degrees and laws we will prosper, I expect it! For I will keep planted firmly by the stream of living water. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...