Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good Memories

I love summer; the sound of the lawn mower and the smell of newly cut grass; the sun warming up our faces while giving us a little color; the breezes blowing through the house and the ability to take the kids to the park for something fun to do while I sit and read. Summer is also the time when me and my family travel up and down the I-70 corridor approximately five times and enjoy the cleaner mountain air and family. Samuel is finishing up school today with a field day and kindergarten continuation just in time for my sister and her family to come down and spend a few nice, quiet and relaxing days with us. There is a fabulous new park just down the road from our home that I'm sure we'll be spending lot of time at, but it's also time to drag out the plastic pool from under the porch and get the water park ala Iacovetto style prepped for the summer. Isaac has asked if we can go to the library again this summer to join in on the summer reading program and he can't wait until the "merry - go round opens" (meaning Lakeside). These are all memories my children are already storing up from past summers and I find it fulfilling that they are asking to do the same things again; makes me feel good that they look forward to the summer activities we've picked out for them. I'm extremely thankful for the good memories I'm developing with my children and family. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...