Thursday, January 15, 2009

Complaint Free

Ahhhh, what a joy to be a part of a MOPS group and actually just partake in the group worrying about the mornings activities. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED being on steering and would do it again (if the time is right), but today I received as a MOPS mom instead of a MOPS mom/steering team member and I haven't done that in 5 years; I liked it. Cody is working on his computer at his desk, I'm writing you and the boys are enjoying some brotherly love time with some video games. Cody and his brother shoveled off the roof of the restaurant and I'm glad I didn't know they were going to do that (I was at MOPS) otherwise I'm sure I would have flipped out about that. That is just to dangerous a job, even though I know it needs to be done, I don't like it; we've lost friends that way if you catch my drift. Thanks to our speaker at MOPS today I am sporting a new little purple rubber bracelet that is supposed to remind me not to complain. He talked about the organization A Complaint Free World.org and taught us new ways to better say things to our friends, co-workers and especially spouses so that it doesn't sound like we are complaining. The whole premises with the bracelet is that if we catch ourselves complaining we are supposed to switch hands with the bracelet and than after 21 days of not complaining it's supposed to create a new habit of not complaining. Let's see if that works....hehe. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...