Friday, January 16, 2009

Ridiculous Egotism

Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89. If I believe the Word is true and is not in err, than I should be worry free at all times, right? This is an area of my spiritual walk that I continue to work on, to improve, that I pray on daily for strength and increase - my trust. As humans I think we believe we are in control and that nothing will be done, or at least done right and unto our standards if it's not done our way; the attitude of "if it's going to be, it's up to me." How wrong and utterly ridiculous we must sound to God; he must laugh at us and shake his head profusely at our egotism.

Cody is on his way to pick up Sam from the bus stop and I expect that he'll also be bringing Sam's little friend, Lorren too. They have been connected at the hip since we moved up here; Sam didn't even know he had a little buddy waiting for him, but Lorren had been waiting for Sam to get here since the first of December and they've been best of buds every since. I had to finally set up some boundaries; he can come over here once a week after school and you can go over there once a week after school, don't ask for any more you little turkeys. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...