Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rest In

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

This particular verse struck me this morning during my quiet time and I think it's more than pertinent to today given our economy. God is the God of peace and he is not of this world...so why do we always expect him to meet us on our worldy terms? No matter what the economy is going through, we are not to let our hearts be troubled and we are not to be fearful. As believers our economy is not this world's anyway, it's our eternal economy that really matters. Don't get me wrong, yes, we need money, but if we do what God is calling us to do and persevere, we will be okay. I know that he has never, and I repeat for my own remembrance, NEVER failed me and my family even when I thought there were times when he has. He is faithful and good all the time. I personally need to remember that my Lord is always with me and that even though I don't understand sometimes, I need to trust him and know that he is still holding me. To live "in" him is what I strive for.

Anyway, Cody is working and on the phone, like always (sometimes I want to throw that thing away) drumming up some business. He has a few irons in the fire that he needs to get ready for that I am praying will go well; part of the peace I need to learn to rest in. ~

No comments:

Love Enemies

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great and you will...